Accueil Record : 254,958 Km/h

Parcourir ce sujet :   1 Utilisateur(s) anonymes

(1) 2 »

A VERY SAD DAY & TRAGIC LOSS OF A DEAR FRIEND
Transférer la contribution vers d'autres applications Transférer
Profilé
Inscrit:
22/01/2007 0:29
Today we are monday and barely 24 hours have gone since the tragic and horrific accident of my dear friend and fellow team mate kate , as she desperatly fights for her life on a life support machine brain dead either to die in the next 24 hours to 48 hours or never to come out of the coma which are the doctors prognostic for her .I am praying for kate and my heart goes deeply for her and to her family , i cannot find words to describe my sadness at loosing a dear friend of how her life has been tragicaly taken away from her with all her life ahead of her .Kate was a young and full of life person who loved the sport of speed skiing for the right reason , she had a deep passion for it and wanted to succeed and improve at all cost , not only was she a friend to everyone and anyone but she never had a bad word to say about anyone , she was a true ambassador to the sport !!! willing and wanting to help anyone ! my prays and hope are with you kate . i will never forget your smile and laughter at each start and how you liven up a race with your humour and spirit !! .
on a day like this when we fellow speed skiers have lost one of our commerades , friend and fellow racer should be a day of morning and respecting her , and yet today i am sicken to the bone to see people go about the daily routine of a race with no compassion or heart or feeling on a meaningless day called training , have speedskiing turn us out into heartless robots with no morality that we cannot take one day off to mourn the loss of a friend and pay the respect she is due . I cannot understand this but this is not the speed skiing i knew when i started 25 years ago when we was a band of brothers and all deeply respecting each others if such a thing would have happened , we would all have been in mourning and fighting with her pull through ! speed skiing has been taken over by greed , shelfishness and egos which forget why we do this sport we love so deeply . speedskiing is not about winning its about sharing a love and a commonn sensation of seeking to go the fastest we can on a pair of skis and the emotions and joys it brings to each individual and at the end of the day sharing it with our friends over a meal and drinks . Kate loved that and loved that feeling of beeing in a family among friends and today some friends i feel in my opinion have deserted her !! . I realise i am overtaken with grief and anger today and maybe some words might be viewed harsly today but it doesnt retract from the fact today we have lost a friend and yet all i can hear is people worried about loosing out on the chance of a personal best yesterday or they have waxed their skis today so they have to run today is life become so cheap and meaningless today that people can think such things before life itself ?? life is a sacred thing we are only have one go at it and it should be respected deeply , because one that life is gone there is no coming back , never to breath , feel the warmth of the sun or the wind breezing on your skin , never to open your eyes and see the world around us that we take for granted ! . Kate i will never forget you , i pray that God produces a miracle for you and somehow you can come out of this coma !

Posté le : 16/04/2007 11:12

Re: A VERY SAD DAY & TRAGIC LOSS OF A DEAR FRIEND
Spectateur
Inscrit:
16/04/2007 21:02
Thank you all for your phone calls these past 36 hours. It has been a very difficult time. I am very saddened to say that Caitilin has passed on to her next great adventure. She loved you all and the sport so very much. Thank you to those who visited at the hospital and helped with the translations of the Doctors and Nurses. As per Caits wishes her organs are being donated tonight to the people in need. Her ashes are going to be spread at Les Arcs. Life is very short, live it to your fullest, but appreciate those around you. Sincerely, Chris Wirkler.

Posté le : 16/04/2007 21:57

Spectateur
Inscrit:
16/04/2007 23:17
C'est avec stupeur que nous apprenons aujourd'hui la triste nouvelle, collègue de Cait durant cette saison je tenais au nom de toute l'équipe de HMC où elle travaillais là saluer ici, sur le site de ce sport qu'elle adorais, elle en parlais chaques jours, la semaine dernière encore son large sourire le soir de la red cup en disais long sur son bonheur après son nouveau record personnel, on n'oubliera jamais son sourire et sa joie de vivre, pleine d'énergie son fort caractère en fesait une personnalité incontournable de la station.

Nous ne t'avons connu que peu de temps, tu nous laisseras le souvenir d'une femme pleine d'energie, je n'oublierais jamais ton sourire le soir de la Red cup où fier de toi tu es venu crier ta joie coupes à la main au boulot.
Que la vie peut-être dur parfois...Nous ne t'oublierons pas Cait "Hey Darling!".
Alexis

Posté le : 17/04/2007 0:17

Spectateur
Inscrit:
25/01/2007 10:06
Dear Kate,

I painfully heard the very sad news. I still can’t believe it. It’s breaks my heart to say farewell to a fellow that shared the same passion. Your life has been taken away in one breath. I felt powerless seeing you sliding away, … .
I will remember the full of life women you were, always happy and smiling, your beautifull french accent. I am sure that you faced this tragic accident with more bravery than anyone else.
Your love of our sport touch every speed skier.
Dear Kate, I will never forget you and I will pray for you.

Sincerely, Laurent Durey.

Posté le : 17/04/2007 15:09

Edité par Jey sur 18/4/2007 23:52:46

Production
Inscrit:
17/04/2007 17:35
bonjour,
c'est avec une grande émotions que je présente à la famille, aux amis, aux collègues
aux coureur de Grande Bretagne, à toi Marc Poncin, Mes Sincères Condoléances,
Pour le décès De Cait. Je ne la connaissais pas mais tout comme moi elle adorait et vivait notre sport le ski de vitesse.
Soyez fort... je souhaite que nos organisateurs, nos dirigeants et nous aussi coureurs du monde entier que nous nous posions les bonnes question pour que de tel drame ne se reproduise plus. Bien sur tout le monde sait que le risque zéros n'existe pas et qu'à tout instant un drame peut se produire.
A nous de prendre les bonnes décisions pour la sécurité de tous.

Amitiés à tous

Sylvain Dubuisavec toute ma tristesse

Posté le : 17/04/2007 17:55

Spectateur
Inscrit:
17/04/2007 18:50
C'est avec une grande émotion que nous apprenons que Cait nous a quitté.Nous tenions à présentés toutes nos condoléances à sa famille, à l' équipe de Grande Bretagne et à toi Marc.
Nous sommes profondément choqués par son décès. Nous la connaissions peu, mais le ski de vitesse est une grande famille ...
Il est temps de remettre en question la sécurité pour le bien être des coureurs et l' avenir du ski de vitesse.
Amitiés à tous
Alfred et Sonia

Posté le : 17/04/2007 19:07

Spectateur
Inscrit:
22/01/2007 9:26
Bonsoir à tous, amis, nos amis qui aiment ce sport avec la passion et l' émotion que seulement le ski de vitesse peut donner.
Au nom de toute l'equipe italienne de ski de vitesse, avec les larmes aux yeux, et avec la plus grande tristesse, ainsi que avec l' incrèdulité que quelque chose comme ça a pu avenir, nous voulons envoyer aux coureurs de l'equipe britannique, les parents et tous les amis qu' ont aimeè notre chere amie Cait, nos sentiments de amitiè et de commotion provenantes du plus profond du coeur.
Nous prions pour son ame.
Si quelqu' un peut nous informer si c' est possible aller voir Cait et sa famille à Grenoble ou en n'importe quel lieu, merci de vouloir me telephoner au +39 335 8290204

Good evening everybody, friends, our friends who love this sport with the passion and the emotion that only speed skiing can give.
In the name of the whole italian speed skiing team, with the tears on the eyes and with a big sadness, besides with the incredulity that something like this can be happened, we want to envoy to the british speed skiing team, to the parents and to all the people who loved our friend Cait, our friendly sentiments of emotion coming from the deeper of our heart.
We pray for her soul.
If anybody knows if it's possible to come to Grenoble or somewhere to watch Cait or her parents, please contact me at + 39 335 8290204
TONY RENALDO
et/and
Carla e Franco Salvaggio
Elena Banfo
Cesare Pedrazzo
Simone e Ivan Origone
Manolo Cassani
Marco Ratto
Andrea Anderlini
Francesco Saldarini
Alberto e Pietro Albertelli
Alberto Monticone
Maurizio Giarolli

Posté le : 17/04/2007 19:36

Amateur
Inscrit:
17/04/2007 20:29
Hello every body,

I just do not know what to say after such a tragedy. Loosing a speedskiing member is like loosing a member of our own family. We all know how special this community is and I would like to witness my emptyness tonite. I haven't been able to do anything today, my mind was just running out of the reality as if I was refusing the evidence. I didn't know Katlin that well but I was observing that incredible flame animating her soul. She past away as she lived with passion, the same passion that bring us to this incredible sport. A special thought to her family.

Thierry.

Posté le : 17/04/2007 20:40

Spectateur
Inscrit:
16/02/2007 0:17
De strambino(italy)
carissimi amici del Kl,
sono Franco Salvaggio a cui si unisci mia moglie Carla,
prego vivamente qualcuno di buona volontà che voglia tradurre in inglese questo mio piccolo contributo:
mi rivolgo in prima persona
-ai genitori di Cait
-alla squadra di kl della G.B.
-a Tutti coloro che amano il kl
Carissimi genitori, non ci conosciamo ma è come se ci conoscessimo perchè il dolore della perdita di un figlio è un dolore ineguagliabile, noi abbiamo perso Marco due anni fa a Les arcs e il dolore di allora e tale e quale quello di oggi, non esiste sosta, non esiste un attimo in cui non affiora in tutta la sua crudezza ma nello stessi tempo dolcezza,vi siamo vicini, vi amiamo pur non conoscendoci, vorremmo incontrarvi, abbracciarvi,piangere con voi, condividere il vostro dolore che è ancora il nostro.
Siamo con voi nel vostro dolore elo condividiamo.
Siamo perfettemente d'accordo con i sentimenti di cordoglio espressi da Toni Renaldo a nome della squadra italiana e quello che st scrivendo e se lo stese scrivendo mio figlio Marco dal cielo.
Vi vogliamo bene
Carla e Franco Salvaggio

Posté le : 18/04/2007 0:22

Spectateur
Inscrit:
22/01/2007 7:03
De Vicenza, Italy
Sig. Franco, mi chiamo Max , sono un ex di KL, degli primi anni 90, purtroppo sono caduto a Vars, e non sono pi riuscito a continuare, non cero piu con la testa, gli traducco io in Inglese,

To the Parents of Cait
To the British KL team
To all those who love KL
Dera Parents of Cait, we dont know each other, but we fell close , because loosing a loved one is an awful pain, we lost our son Marco 2 years ago at les Arcs, and the pain is still with us today, as it was 2 years ago, there is no time for healing, the painbrings out the cruelest, but at the same time the joy. you are in our prayers, we cherish you, even though we do not know each other. We would like to meet you, hug you, and cry with you, and share your pai as it is also our pain.
We totally agree with the sentiments and condolances expressed by Toni Renaldo. In the name of the Italian KL team, anf those who are writing to you and also from Marco, We cherish you .

Carla, Franco Salvaggio

se volette contatarmi, speedski@tin.it

Posté le : 18/04/2007 7:28

Spectateur
Inscrit:
18/04/2007 16:32
On behalf of my own family and the Swedish and Norwegian participants in Les Arcs, I would like to express our deepest condolences. I did not know Caitilin very well, I met her for the first time in Les Arcs on the first day of the Red Rock when we shook hands at the start. But during those few days I fast noticed how she was full of life and how she spread it all around. It is very sad to have lost a fellow speedskier. Our thoughts goes to the ones closest to her.
Linda J Baginski

Posté le : 18/04/2007 16:55

Spectateur
Inscrit:
19/04/2007 3:10
We have only just heard of the tragic death of our friend Cait here in Australia and are all so saddened by the news. We have such wonderful memories of Cait. She was a vivacious, tenacious, enthusiastic, friendly person who loved a chat. The speed skiing community is poorer for her loss. Our thoughts are with all her friends and fellow speed skiers but particularly with members of the UK speed skiing team and her family. We all mourn her loss and celebrate her short life. We are certain she lived every minute of it.
Michael Milton, Penni Lewer and Jennie Milton

Posté le : 19/04/2007 3:55

Production
Inscrit:
21/01/2007 23:24
Tres touché par le drame car je connaissais Kate j'adresse toutes mes condoléances a la famille.Je souhaite ne plus jamais revoir ce genre de scène aux Arcs.

Pierre-Andre Delansay

Posté le : 19/04/2007 9:52

Spectateur
Inscrit:
19/04/2007 22:46
I had the pleasure of living with Cait in Andorra and Australia for just over a year, I cannot begin to express my sadness and disbelief at her untimely death. Cait was the most wonderful, honest friend whose heart was even bigger than her endless personality and I shall miss her dearly. I am unable to attend her service this saturday as I now live in Australia but my thoughts are with her and her family and friends, and will sink a few vodka redbulls(our favourite drink at the time) in her honour!!
I'll never forget you Cait, I owe you so much!!
Emma

Posté le : 19/04/2007 23:00

Production
Inscrit:
20/01/2007 7:12
Cait était une personne formidable, très ouverte et sa disparition installe une nouvelle fois un état d'incompréhension totale. Pourquoi ? Pourquoi le ski de vitesse ? Pourquoi revivre de tel moment ? Une nouvelle fois, notre grande famille du KL est boulversée.
Toutes mes pensées sont pour ses proches, sa famille, ses amis...A nous tous, kaéliste, de tout mettre en oeuvre pour que ce drame soit le dernier.
Serge Perroud

Posté le : 20/04/2007 19:24

Spectateur
Inscrit:
De strambino(italy)
carissimo Max,
grazie per avere tradotto il mio messaggio, ti pregherei di tradurre anche questo.
un giorno triste, melanconico, doloroso, straziante, come quello che vivremo domani nella cerimonia per ricordare Caty è solo paragonabile al giorno del funerale di mio figlo Marco due anni fa qui in Strambino in provincia di torino.
ma mi chiedo questi due anni non ci hanno insegnato nulla?
non hanno insegnato nulla ai responsabile della organizzazione delle gare?
sarebbe ora che cominciassimo ad analizzare le cause di queste tristi morti di giovani ragazzi che per amore di uno sport bellissimo ci lasciano la vita.
come mai mai fino ad oggi a distanza di una settimana nessuno parla della dinamica dell'incidente e se si poteva evitare?
Io in questi giorni sto rivivendo il dolore della morte di mio figlio.
MI chiedo quanti altri ragazzi dovranno ancora morire?
mi chiedo La magistratura francese dov'è? perchè non interviene con i controlli necessari?
Domani sarò a Les Arcs per stringere al mio petto i genitori de Caty, per esprimere con il silenzio tutto il dolore dei genitori che hanno dato al Kl in sacrificio la vita dei loro figli e dèi genitori di tutti i ragazzzi che hanno subito infortuni gravi ma per fortuna sono ancora vivi e per essere con tutti quelli che amano Kati.
un fraterno saluto
una abbraccio a tutti i koelisti
franco salvaggio

Posté le : 21/04/2007 0:57

Spectateur
Inscrit:
21/04/2007 14:04
The Sunday Times is preparing a nice piece on Cait ...
However they have a deadline of 1700H (London time) today Saturday for tomorrow's paper.

They are asking if anyone has a photo of Cait they could use - if so, please forward to:

pictures@sunday-times.co.uk (for the attention of Alison Graham)

Thanks

Le Sunday Times prépare un article sympathique sur Cait ...
Par contre le dernier délai est 17h (heure anglaise) aujourd'hi samedi pour le journal de demain.

Ils cherchent une photo de Cait - si quelqu'un peut leur en envoyer une, merci de contacter:

pictures@sunday-times.co.uk (à l'attention de Alison Graham)

Merci

PG

Posté le : 21/04/2007 14:11

Profilé
Inscrit:
20/01/2007 22:39
De Czech Republic, Trutnov
From The Sunday TimesApril 22, 2007

3,000ft slide kills ski champion
BRITAIN’S top woman speed skier has died after losing her footing on a 45-degree race slope and sliding nearly 3,000ft down an icy, bump-strewn incline, writes Graham Duffill.

Two days earlier, on her 32nd birthday, Caitlin Tovar had beaten the British women’s record when she hit 125.5mph in one of skiing’s most dramatic disciplines.

Tovar fell last Sunday on the same slope in Les Arcs in the French Alps that cost an Italian speed skier his life two years ago. Her death has prompted calls for a safety review.

Nigel Brockton, a British speed skiing team member who was with Tovar at the time, said: “The texture of the snow made handling speed skis difficult and Caitlin’s skis slid from under her as she was preparing to start. She slid through the safety net and down the mogul field adjacent to the course.”

Mark Simmers, chief executive of Snowsport GB, the sport’s governing body in Britain, called for an investigation.

Tovar took up speed skiing 18 months ago. “She just took to it because Cait always sailed close to the wind,” said her mother Hella. “She would try anything because she was fearless.”

In the sport, racers reach more than 150mph down a steep track. The inquiry is expected to focus on why Tovar was unaccompanied by a race official during the delicate manoeuvre of traversing to the start line and why the net failed to stop her.

One spectator tried to grab her but she slipped away, accelerating on the icy slope in her shiny speed skier’s suit. Tovar’s helmet flew off. She lost consciousness and died the next day.

Posté le : 22/04/2007 20:27

Spectateur
Inscrit:
De strambino(italy)
ciao marc,
sono franco il papà di marco salvaggio,avrei voluto dirti mille cose ieri ed esternarti tutte le mie emozioni ma non ci sono riuscito perchè ero troppo emozionato, avevo il cuore a pezzi.
ti prego di inviarmi una foto di Cati, per favore, la metterò vicino a quelle di Marco.
grazie
ti saluto
ti abbraccio
franco salvaggio
f.salvaggio@libero.it

Posté le : 22/04/2007 21:37

Spectateur
Inscrit:
25/04/2007 9:39
On behalf of Cait’s parents, Hella and John, her brother David, the rest of our family and myself, I would like to thank everyone very much for all their extremely kind words, cards and messages over the last nine days.

My mother has asked me to thank all the KL family, in particular, for all the wonderful support and love they’ve given Cait, both whilst she was speed skiing and since her death. It has heartened us all.

Huge thanks also to all Cait’s friends from Les Arcs, the surrounding area and from further afield – it was wonderful to see so many people there on Saturday to give her the send off that she deserved.

We are all devastated by Cait’s death, but it is made easier because we know that she was doing a sport she loved amongst people that she loved. She will be with us always.

Thank you all very much again,
Claire
(Cait’s sister)

P.S.

We will be celebrating Cait’s life on 13th October, in England, and will give more information nearer the time for those that wish to come.

Also, many people have kindly asked if there is a charity to which they can donate in Cait’s name. We will give details of this too in due course.

Posté le : 25/04/2007 9:43

Haut   Précédent   Suivant
(1) 2 »

[Recherche avancée]

France Ski de Vitesse © 2001-2011