Register

Home Record : 254,958 Km/h

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Les Arcs 2010?
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
Spectateur
From Oslo - NOR
Hi!

Are we (the racers and users) willing to contribute economicly if that's what it takes to bring the Les Arcs races back on track? Sponsors are not queuing up any longer, especially not in speedskiing.

Everybody are now talking about and hoping for a new Speed Master event in Les Arcs next year. And (if it's just all about money??) I would like to know if a considerable raise in the entry fee would ease the situation?

A new race could easily gather 75-100 racers. An entry fee of 200 euros? for the race itself would contribute to a step in the right direction concerning security which satisfies both organizers and racers: Proper nets along the part of the track which faces the moguls and proper cait-line nets at the startingpoints. I'm talking about a contribution, since we are the users of the track.

Just wondering. Any comments (en français ou anglais)?

Posted on: 2009/5/4 10:04

Re: Les Arcs 2010?
Amateur
From New Zealand
Hi,
Only 200. For a week and 2 starts off the top I'd pay twice that.

or perhaps 400 entry for a race off Rjukan????

First bid $400 ---------

Posted on: 2009/10/15 9:47

Production
From Callander, Scotland
Jjukan, now theres a track to remember, what about Stelvio?
Bring back Les Arcs, I support this!
Cheers
Millar

Posted on: 2009/10/15 14:08

Profilé
How come that sudenly money is no more a problem for speedskiers.

You guys are ready to pay 200euros just for skiing in les arcs.........great......wat abour paying 400 euro to race in Verbier and make the track faster.....we need money too.

But we will never raise the entry fee cause it is not the fault of the racers if a ski resort can or will not deliver a race track in good safety condition.

I will be very happy to race again in les arcs and participate to an historical record race.........but not at any price.

France ski de vitesse and the politics from les arcs should find the solution....it is theyre duty.

Milka

Posted on: 2009/10/17 0:06

[Advanced Search]

France Ski de Vitesse © 2001-2011