Connexion

Accueil Record : 254,958 Km/h

Parcourir ce sujet :   1 Utilisateur(s) anonymes

CERVINIA CANCELLED
Transférer la contribution vers d'autres applications Transférer
Profilé
Inscrit:
22/01/2007 0:29
well today i got the news that Cervinia is cancelled !! thats so dissapointing !! without cervinia it leaves the european alpes virtually bare of races . How is the sport of speed skiing suppose to survive when nearly all the races this year are in Canada or in the far reaches of Scandinavia . for our sport to grow we need to have a good base and foundation for our sport to develop and that includes to have more races in the european alpes in places like France , Italy , Austria and other leading european countries . we have seen this year at the world championships that we have many young and new racers coming up the ranks and how are we suppose to have to continue in our sport and to attract more racers when they dont have a opportunity to race on home soil or races which are easily accessable . many racers cannot find the money or time to travel such huge distance to race in scandinavia and Canada . also looking at the numbers of racers attending the races for Canada and Finland will probably see a record low turnout aswell which will only put more stress and pressure on the these resorts to justify the cost of holding a world cup race with so few racers attending . We must find a solution in finding ways to attract european resorts back in the fold of Speed skiing in wanting to host World cup and speed events ! The FIS must drasticaly reduce the cost and fees for holding an event if Speed skiing is to survive !! as wehave seen now with the Pro circuit that is now dead and buried for at least for the near future !!! . only the FIS world cup survives and how long will that surivive is only open to speculation as the amount of races continue to dwindle . thankgod for VARS and VERBIER this year

Posté le : 06/02/2009 12:23

Re: CERVINIA CANCELLED
Production
Inscrit:
21/01/2007 22:06
What about a Speed Masters race in Vars in the first week of April?
No collision with Cervinia anymore...

Posté le : 06/02/2009 19:40

Profilé
Inscrit:
20/01/2007 22:39
De Czech Republic, Trutnov
So I think what about :
Verbier 2 races but pay only as 1 race to FIS.
14 days ago I wrote email to P. May about situation
in Cervinia and I spoke in Vars with Alberto M. and he told me that in Cervinia is new owner and money is big problem.
So we have our president Dick T. he must on diplomatic base fight with FIS. Because now in Europe is big recesion and to find a good sponsor is problem. For ski resorts speedskiing is not popular because speedsking is NOT on TV. If our sport will be in TV, this sport will have a good sponsors and big support from ski resorts too...

My question:
How many visitors visited race in Vars?
100 maybe 200 visitors...

So we must prepare for bad times in our lovely sport... .

Posté le : 07/02/2009 20:58

Webmestre
Inscrit:
31/05/2006 23:28
De Grenoble - FR
In vars we had more spectators than you say but for sure, the most important is TV and it was good : the two most important evening tv news and many others TV news magazines in France and Europe.

Posté le : 08/02/2009 22:46

Production
Inscrit:
22/01/2007 12:26
De Callander, Scotland
Vars will be on the BBC 2 next sunday evening. I think it will about 23.00 central european time. Also on BBC iplayer.

Posté le : 09/02/2009 11:12

Production
Inscrit:
06/04/2007 12:45
De Göteborg/Sweden
Fis made a new homologisation in hundfjället after Maison Silvano reported Hundfjället too dangerous - Now we can race this year but then we have to change the track to make speedskiing happen in 2010 and forward........ I know atleast 10 much more dangoures and stupid tracks we have been racing in. And all this becouse someone has felt a little disrespected

Posté le : 10/02/2009 13:54

Production
Inscrit:
22/01/2007 10:56
That's a real shame Magnus. How can the Hundfjallet track suddenly be fundamentally unsafe after almost 20 years as a world cup venue?!

If people feel a track is dangerous, they should take their own council and decline participation. Each racer MUST take responsibility for their own decisions. I chose not to race on several occasions on the grounds of my own assessment of the safety. You cannot EVER set off down a speed ski course and then decide that is not safe and that your actions are someone elses fault. Each racer must assess the risks and make that decision before they take the start!

The only time I wish I had not participated was in Leysin in 2004; that was not due to my own safety but due to the fact that 3 friends ended up in hospital. That rack was not safe for all participants but each of those racers accepted the risk when they decided to run.

That said, the more experienced racers and organisers must attempt to put their own agendas aside in the interests of their fellow racers and the future of our sport.

Posté le : 11/02/2009 6:03

Production
Inscrit:
De Göteborg/Sweden
This someone said its ok to race anyway becouse so many have travelled so far, and its ok for this year too someone decided after re-homologisation but to race in 2010 its inpossible becouse its toooooo dangoures

Posté le : 11/02/2009 20:33

Production
Inscrit:
De Göteborg/Sweden
Leysin 2004... safe race, eh.

Posté le : 11/02/2009 20:34

Production
Inscrit:
22/01/2007 10:56
Leysin 2004 was nowhere near the standard of track preparation or overall safety that we should expect but it is still up to each racer to decide to run (or not). Hundfjallet has been a WC venue since at least 1992 (probably before?) and I have raced it many times. In my experience, there is nothing inherently unsafe about the track. There may be challenges regarding track prep when conditions are not optimal but I have only raced there when it has been VERY smooth. OK, there's a compression...but I can honestly say that (in my experiences) I have never had a problem with it; you know it's there so you SKI it. Our sport is called speed SKIING...not just TUCKING!

As you say Magnus, there are plenty of tracks which have hosted multiple races with much more tenuous claims to safety!

Sheez...I'm obviously missing spending hours sitting in bars discussing/bitching/moaning about tracks/organisers/"the French" that I have to come on here and do it "virtually"! Certainly miss you guys!

I hope you can find some races to attend!

Nigel

Posté le : 12/02/2009 5:22

Webmestre
Inscrit:
31/05/2006 23:28
De Grenoble - FR
I miss to talk with you and beers about English people

Posté le : 12/02/2009 14:38

Production
Inscrit:
03/05/2007 19:30
Loves....humour

Posté le : 13/02/2009 11:25

Production
Inscrit:
03/05/2007 19:30
'Humour is more important than knowledge'.
Albert Einstein (Genius)

Posté le : 13/02/2009 12:50

Haut   Précédent   Suivant

[Recherche avancée]

France Ski de Vitesse © 2001-2011