Login
 Register

Home Record : 254,958 Km/h

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

helmet rules
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
Production
From Göteborg/Sweden
Hello Stephane, You say that "The use of this internal helmet will be mandatory" do you allow only this scott helmet or is any classified downhillhelmet with a faceprotection allowed?

Posted on: 2007/9/27 9:57

Re: helmet rules
Production
From Göteborg/Sweden
I think i found the answer at the swiss website, philippe wrote ; Scott accept to work on these only if they have the exclusivity. No other offer has been received and the developpement took month (not even done yet). So
everyone will have to use the Scott inner helmet if they want to race next winter.

Posted on: 2007/9/28 20:15

Webmestre
From Grenoble - FR
yes !
FSV and FSSV didn't paid for the research work on this helmet will have to order a batch of helmets for all the racers.
This helmet is not a simple downhill helmet but a modified one with modification tested in laboratory.

Posted on: 2007/9/30 23:19

Production
From Callander, Scotland
Stephane,
surely there will be different sizes of inner helmet, therefore there will be different sizes of shell. A 48cm helmet on some of the girls will be like a full fairing on a motorbike. They will be able to hide behind it! Its now October so as much information on this subject would be helpful to next seasons competitors.

Posted on: 2007/10/3 10:26

Amateur
From New Zealand
Hi All,
the helmet pic looks as excpected. What's the weight of the finished helmet? a heavy helmet on a smaller racer sounds dangerous too me, has the weight limit changed?

Can we please have some photos of the inner only, showing the mounting locations and the face protection. Of particular interest to me and I'm sure a few others is the chin and face protection.

We have had a few examples of accidents that helmets have done thier job. I will use Russell Bauntons 2005 accident as one, arguably one of the fastest crashes on speed skis ever.

Russ had a outer made by me and a Beat Ingel inner and suffered no facial damage, he still has all his teeth and the nose is still the same size and shape. He did sustain a good knock to the head and suffered mild concussion (too be expected at 227kph) His outer helmet fractured and partially broke away and the inner stayed on his head due to the fact it was fitted correctly and secured correctly. Most of the pain and hurt was the impact brusing to the body and fractured ankle, plus ongoing nerve damage in his shoulder/neck area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbj41CQhz78

Russell's first impact point was his FACE, then shoulder.

Will the new helmet do it's job and protect the Chin/teeth/nose/jaw etc???? and lets not rely on the outer to do this, Russells outer was smashed to bits around the chin and face area.

I also feel if we do not get some firm information and supply of hemets very soon, this coming Pro season will be a performance with very few competitors and I suspect a few that will race just with the inner.

Please can we make this a fair playing ground and get these helmets and more detail available asap.

Cheers
Chris.

P.s - speaking of fair game - best of luck to France in the rugby today, I hear the Kiwi's have a new HAKA!!!!

Posted on: 2007/10/6 2:13

Webmestre
From Grenoble - FR
We will have two sizes for the inner inside shell.
One is for the small sizes and the 2nd is for L and XL.
2 shell = 5 sizes.
The 48 cm prototype is for the biggest inside shell.
About the weight, it will be like in FIS, about 2 kg, so light and not dangerous.
It will be a lot of work for everybody but the pro race are in april !

Posted on: 2007/10/6 12:17

Amateur
From New Zealand
Hi Stephané,
Cool, some pics of the proposed face protection would be nice.

I guess that Haka didn't work

Congratulations too France, well done that was a awesome game.

cheers
Chris.

Posted on: 2007/10/6 23:18

Webmestre
From Grenoble - FR
Here are 2 pictures of the face protection :

http://www.kl-france.com/uploads/img470814e975c25.jpg
http://www.kl-france.com/uploads/img470815088141d.jpg

About rugby, what a beautiful game !

Posted on: 2007/10/7 1:12